- Low Antenna Assembly SC
Market survey notice
Preliminary publication of specification is 11/8/2021,
The SKAO will procure, in accordance with the SKAO Procurement Policy and Procedures, one time critical Supply Contract (SC) from an Italian Supplier via a competitive tender process run by the SKAO within Italy.
As part of the SKAO’s funding agreements, it is a condition of this contract that approximately 43% of its value is subcontracted to a UK vendor. Contact between prospective Italian and UK contractors will be facilitated by the Italian and UK Industrial Liaison Officers.
The Antenna scope of work is:
- Undertake Design for Manufacture of the Low Antenna Assembly integrated with the Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) and cable.
- Qualify production designs and complete Production Readiness Review (PRR), in accordance with the SKA Quality Assurance standards
- Undertake Low Antenna Assembly manufacture in required quantity
- Undertake Factory Acceptance testing (FAT) and Support Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) in accordance with the SKA Quality Assurance standards
- Ship required quantity of units to deployment location (TBC, transport costs could be considered by the SKAO in another WP)
- Report to SKAO or its delegates.
On the 20th of October 2021 at 09h00 BST SKAO will hold an Industry Event with the aim of providing more information about SKAO and the Low Antenna Assembly competitive tender. As long as you have registered your interest in the Market Survey on the SKAO Procurement Portal by the 19th of October at 12h00 BST using the guidance in “Submission Deadline”, you will be sent a meeting invitation via Zoom.
Market Survey R2:
1. The amount of antennas has changed from 130,000 antennas to 131,072.
2. The MS deadline has been extended to Friday 05/11. The pre-qualification process starts Monday 08/11.
3. Section 6.2 (Industry event) has been added and the date of this event has been added to the indicative timetable.
4. The UK ILO's details have been added to sections 6.2 & 6.3.
5. The subcontracted percentage has been changed from approximately 40% to approximately 43% (This change has also been made to the Portal).
Market Survey R3:
1. The date of the Industry Event has been changed to 20/10.
2. The email address for the Italian ILO has been updated.
Market Survey R4:
1. UK reference removed from section 7.1 Proposed Contract Terms.